The VISA lab has summer research internships for undergraduate students who are interested in computer systems. Our current projects include research on high-performance computing and cloud computing systems.
The benefits for the students include:
- Training in systems programming and experimentation (C, Linux, etc.)
- Training in research skills (technical reading, writing, and presentations)
- Opportunity to work with advanced computer systems (clusters, clouds)
- Paid on a hourly basis ($10 or higher depending on qualifications)
The requirements for the applicants include:
- Ability to work at least 12 weeks and 20 hours per week in summer 2011
- An overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A grade of B or higher in Data Structures and Programming courses
- US citizen or permanent resident
Both computer science and computer engineering students are welcome to apply. Please email Dr. Ming Zhao
with your (unofficial) transcript and resume by April 30, 2011.